Car headlight bulbs are the light source used by cars’ headlights. Just as flashlight bulbs, they have a lifespan and once it is over replacement will be necessary to ensure optimal driving conditions.
In order for a car’s headlight to work properly, it must have working headlights. A car will not run smoothly or be safe to drive at night time or in bad weather without proper and full headlight function. This includes the brights also known as high beams.
How to change car headlight bulbs?
Following are the steps to change the car headlight bulbs:
- Open the bonnet of your car. If you don’t know how to open your bonnet, please consult this guide or ask someone for help.
- You will see two bolts on either side of the headlight cover (sometimes they may not be visible, but you can always unscrew them). Unscrew these bolts using the Allen key.
- Open the headlight cover carefully, but don’t put it under direct sunlight or at a hot surface, because it can damage the headlight cover’s paint job.
- You will see the bulb on the right side of your car. There are two twist locks holding it in place. Gently pull the bulb out of the twist locks.
- Once you pull it, there will be two wires connected to the headlight (red and black). This is where most people make mistakes because they don’t understand that the red one is for low beams and black one is for brights (high beams). The colors may vary depending on your car model. Check your car manual for the color code or simply label them yourself with a marker or a tape if you don’t want to check it out.
- After removing the car headlight bulbs from twist locks, hold red wire and pull it off from the metal latch on top of the light bulb socket of that headlight. Hold black wire and pull it forward from the metal latch on the bottom of the light bulb socket.
- Now you can safely install a new headlight bulb, making sure to connect red wire to the correct metal latch and black wire to the other one.
- Put back both wires in their latches and gently push the headlight bulb into the light socket by hand (do not use tools for this).
- Screw in the bolts and put back the headlight cover in its place (this may require some pull and push not to misalign it with light sockets).
- Turn on your headlights to see if they work properly. If everything is good, close the bonnet of your car and you’re done!
Changing car headlight bulbs can seem daunting at first, but if you are patient enough to follow the steps carefully then there is nothing to be afraid of.
Having functioning headlights is an important resource when it comes to driving safety, so changing your car’s headlight bulbs occasionally can help keep you safe on the road. Also, it is advised to buy the best quality headlight bulbs such as those available online at Carorbis where quality is priority when fulfilling the orders of the customers. Carorbis is an online store to buy car accessories online including car care products, maintenance and protection accessories, lubricants, lightings, cleaning products, exterior and interior car accessories, and more under one roof.
At Carorbis, you get the high quality products at the most competitive prices. You can compare the products and get all the latest brands at Carorbis. With the easy home delivery feature, you need not worry about reaching out to any dealer or sellers offline. Have you checked the headlight bulbs of your car? Do they need replacement? Carorbis provides the best car detailing products in India where you can buy all the brands of headlight bulbs. So log into Carorbis.com and get the most suitable headlight bulb for your car.